We advise our clients on all corporate governance and compliance issues, from the most simplistic to the most complex.
We provide clear and practical advice on Corporate Governance – including designing and implementing policies and formal procedures in accordance with applicable Corporate Governance rules, updating these to meet evolving “best practice” standards and reporting to stakeholders on the Company’s Corporate Governance compliance.
The issues on which we advise include:
- The Companies Act 2014 including proposed changes from the Companies and Accountancy Bills being brought before the Houses of the Oireachtas
- Directors’ responsibilities and duties
- Compliance issues relating to annual general meetings, company accounts, annual returns and reports, directors’ reports and disclosure issues
- Company transactions and administration
- Changes in share capital and share structures
- Compliance with the Listing Rules, Takeover Rules, Market Abuse Rules and Transparency Rules
- Engagement of auditors and advisers
- Setting up a business
- Company secretarial issues
- Advising of the criteria for a company to avail of audit exemption
- Non filing structures
- Restoration of companies to the Register of Companies
- Training on Company Secretarial Matters
- Re-registration of limited companies as designated activity companies/unlimited or vice versa
Corporate Governance for Listed Companies
Our Corporate Governance team can assist with putting the appropriate structures and documents in place to meet the requirements of the Annex and the Code and to review and update these periodically. We will also keep you updated with developments and best practice in this field.
Our services include:
- Evaluation of Boards, Directors, Chairman and Committees
- Advising on AGM Notices and related documents
- Advising on Corporate Governance Statements in annual reports and on company websites
- Advising on law and procedure of meetings